There is finally a good reason to tweet: James Franco may read it. The oscar-nominated actor has joined Facebook and Twitter. That’s right, the living legend, the co-host of the Academy Awards, the man himself, James Franco! Not familiar? He was Harry Osborn in the Spider-Man movies. He was also in Flyboys.
Franco has been known for doing whatever the hell he wants and his abrupt and late entrance into social media means his fans may finally know what he’s up to at any given moment. Unlike many celebrities, Franco isn’t a part of the whole nonstop boozing and partying scene. In recent years, Franco has started painting, joined General Hospital (soap opera) for a short run, enrolled in film school at NYU to learn directing, and enrolled in Columbia to study fiction writing. Lately, he is known for his interesting choice in film roles as well. He recently played Aron Ralston, a man who got stuck in a canyon for 127 Hours, and has appeared in varied films like Pineapple Express, Milk, Date Night, Eat Pray Love, and The Green Hornet. He’ll even play Oz in an upcoming prequel to The Wizard of Oz.
Though he hasn’t said anything particularly face-melting yet, we are confident his entrance will mark a new beginning for both social networks. The actor already has a following of about 125,000. Franco will co-host the Academy Awards with Anne Hathaway on Feb. 27.
- Spawn creator suggests the antihero could appear in ‘Mortal Kombat 11’
- Capsure CEO Jeanne Lewis talks about preserving the world’s memories
- Digital Trends Live: Passenger spacecraft, Facebook data breach, and more
- DT Daily: Foldable smartphones, the future of Apple Music, and BlizzCon
- Marshawn Lynch joins Digital Trends Live to talk charity, football