D2 Thunderbolt USB-CFor anyone whose needs are more stationary, LaCie is offering the d2 Thunderbolt 3 for an attractive combination of good looks, massive capacity, and outstanding performance. If you have an all-in-one (AIO) desktop PC or notebook that’s storage-challenged, then the d2 could be a nice option that would spruce up any décor.
The d2 will be available in a variety of capacities using the latest Seagate BarraCuda Pro HDDs for excellent performance and reliability. Storage options will be 6TB, 8GB, and 10TB all in the same compact chassis. USB Type-C with Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.1 support means that the drives can provide up to 240MB/s performance for managing large image libraries and editing 4K video.
In addition, the d2 includes a total of three USB Type-C connections, two with Thunderbolt 3 and one with USB 3.1 support, allowing the user to daisy chain a single 5K display, up to two 4K displays, or a total of six LaCie d2 drives through a single cable. The two Thunderbolt 3 ports are also powered, meaning that compatible notebooks such as the 2016 MacBook Pro can draw their juice through the d2 as well.
The d2 will also be available in the first quarter of 2017, with retail pricing starting at $430. The d2 comes with a solid five-year limited warranty.
- Screen-sporting LaCie DJI Copilot hard drive enables on-site backups sans laptop
- Dell’s stick-sized external Thunderbolt 3 SSDs are extremely fast, but expensive
- Western Digital’s USB-C storage stick may be tiny, but its capacity is huge
- The best VR-ready laptops you can buy right now
- Lenovo’s updated ThinkPads include T480s with Nvidia MX150, affordable X-Series