“Ballmer, who was interviewed by Gartner Inc. Senior Vice President Tom Bittmann and Group Vice President Daryl Plummer on a number of subjects at the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo here, said the massof technologies at Microsoft is so large that the company had no choice but to delay its next version of Windows, code-named Longhorn.
That said, he told the capacity crowd that various parts of Longhorn, “the Longhorn wave,” were on their way. For example, “WinFS is making good process, but not good enough for ’06 delivery,” he said. “
We have also heard rumors about a Windows XP Second Edition that could possibly be hitting store shelves sometime next year. This would not be the first time a “second edition” of a Windows operating system became available.
Read the rest of this story at eWeek
- The next Infiniti concept car will show how the sedan can evolve
- Forget 4K or even 8K. ‘Star Trek: Beyond’ editor says 6K is the future of film
- Why Season 2 of the FX hit ‘Atlanta’ is all about the dried jicama
- Here’s everything you need to know about the 2018 Ram 1500 pickup
- What does it take to photograph the Olympics? Grit, not gear