“Ballmer, who was interviewed by Gartner Inc. Senior Vice President Tom Bittmann and Group Vice President Daryl Plummer on a number of subjects at the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo here, said the massof technologies at Microsoft is so large that the company had no choice but to delay its next version of Windows, code-named Longhorn.
That said, he told the capacity crowd that various parts of Longhorn, “the Longhorn wave,” were on their way. For example, “WinFS is making good process, but not good enough for ’06 delivery,” he said. “
We have also heard rumors about a Windows XP Second Edition that could possibly be hitting store shelves sometime next year. This would not be the first time a “second edition” of a Windows operating system became available.
Read the rest of this story at eWeek
- Twitter boss again teases the idea of a button to edits tweets
- Epic Games store to sell Ubisoft games, starting with ‘The Division 2’
- Intel Foveros is a ‘hybrid x86 architecture’ that pairs Core with Atom
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 is coming! Here’s everything we know so far
- Intel’s chips are still vulnerable, and the new Ice Lake won’t patch everything