Microsoft has been committed to releasing regular updates for all of its contemporary hardware platforms since the debut of Windows 10 and it’s continued to do that throughout 2016. The latest release to grace the Surface Pro and Surface Book line is an update for the camera drivers, boosting performance and stability.
Since this is May’s big “Patch Tuesday,” we expect a lot of updates to be rolled out for Windows 10 and Microsoft’s various platforms throughout the next few hours, but the first batch to be released was all focused around the cameras on the Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book.
The list of updated drivers include:
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500.
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Control Logic.
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) CSI2 Host Controller.
- Intel driver update for Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2500.
- Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft Camera Front.
- Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft Camera Rear.
- Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft IR Camera Front.
These updates aren’t about to turn your two-in-one’s camera into a DSLR, but they should improve Windows Hello functionality, making its detection better.
All of these updated drivers will be available through Windows update and should be downloadable now, though they may see a staggered release depending on where you are, so don’t fret if they don’t all show up at once.
While camera drivers might not be too exciting for tablet-combo owners, perhaps the lack of firmware updates this time around is a good thing. It wasn’t that long ago that they were causing major issues for owners of Microsoft’s latest two-in-ones.
These are unlikely to be the only updates, though. With more general Windows 10 updates expected throughout the day.
- Surface Pro 8: Everything we know about Microsoft’s next flagship 2-in-1
- Quick fixes for Surface Pro 7 common problems
- Surface Pro 7 vs. Surface Book 2
- Best cheap Microsoft Surface Pro deals for February 2021
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7 vs. Dell XPS 13