Iomega yesterday unveiled the latest two members to its StorCenter line of network storage products. The new StorCenter Wireless Network Storage 1TB ($899.95) and StorCenter Network Hard Drive 500GB ($499.95) are both available now.
Iomega’s latest network storage desktop products, the company said, are designed for secure data sharing across small business and home networks. The Wireless Network Storage 1TB features a Gigabit Ethernet connection, two USB 2.0 ports, print server capability, four 250GB hard drives which can be utilized in a RAID 5 configuration (options also exist for RAID 0 and RAID 1) and integrated 802.11g wireless networking.
The smaller StorCenter Network Hard Drive 500GB also has a Gigabit Ethernet connection, two USB 2.0 ports and the ability to function as a print server. Additionally, it also offers professional features such as RAID 0 or RAID 1 for data protection.
Both NAS devices offer multi-platform support as well.
“Network storage devices are gaining in popularity with small businesses and advanced home users for a simple reason: they meet a growing need for anywhere, anytime access to data,” said Brett Schechter, senior product manager, HDD solutions, Iomega Corporation, in a statement. “Iomega’s StorCenter storage devices are easy to utilize, and they include sophisticated network features that save users time and money.”
- Big changes are coming to raid rewards in next ‘Destiny 2’ update
- Thieves heist 600 PCs built for digital coin mining in Iceland
- BMW headquarters raided by police, company denies diesel emissions cheating
- Dell’s refreshed Latitude laptops get to work with 8th-gen Intel Core, 4G LTE
- Dell’s stick-sized external Thunderbolt 3 SSDs are extremely fast, but expensive