From NVIDIA’s press release:
NVIDIA Corporation today announced the availability in Europe of NVIDIA NVTV, a TV tuner card and software package bringing high-quality TV viewing and digital video recorder (DVR) functionality to desktop PCs. First unveiled as part of a Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 Solution Suite, NVIDIA NVTV can now be purchased and installed separately, transforming current PCs into a state-of-the-art digital entertainment centres.
NVIDIA NVTV features a low-profile PCI-based analogue TV tuner card, multi-function remote control and includes NVIDIA ForceWare Multimedia, a full-featured software application that gives consumers full control over their multimedia programs with one, simple-to-use interface.
With NVIDIA NVTV installed in their PC, consumers can:
- Experience crisp, vibrant TV on a dedicated hardware MPEG-2 encode solution that actually takes the work off of the PCs central processing unit (CPU) to deliver smooth, uninterrupted service. For DVD playback, ForceWare Multimedia enables crisp, smooth playback on PCs equipped with an NVIDIA graphics processing unit (GPU).
- Surf, Record, Watch, and Stream Live TV. Full DVR functionality lets consumers control what they watch and when they watch it with time-shifting capabilities. Simultaneous â€˜watch and record’ and real-time burning capabilities adds even greater flexibility.
- Find programs quickly and easily with the free Gemstar GUIDE Plus+/G-GUIDE system electronic program guide (EPG). With support for international programming data, the Gemstar EPG makes it easy to find and access programming guides from more than 15 countries.
- Stream live TV to other PCs. Build a home media server to watch live TV or recorded programs on other client PCs connected via a wired or wireless home network.
- Listen, record, and time-shift FM radio. An optional FM tuner package lets consumers quickly scan, pause, record, and rewind available FM radio content.
â€œThe growth rate for PC TV tuners is exploding as consumers realise the flexibility and power of their PCs as a digital media centre,â€ said Ujesh Desai, general manager of desktop products at NVIDIA. â€œNVIDIA NVTV presents a compelling solution for anyone looking to transform their PCs into an all-in-one TV, radio, and DVD player capable of delivering a high-quality home entertainment experience.â€
NVTV is offered in both the NTSC and PAL formats. In addition to being sold as a standalone product, NVIDIA NVTV is also available as a certified hardware solution for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004. NVTV is currently shipping in Europe and is available from add-in card vendors including Albatron, AOpen, Chaintech, Gainward, Gigabyte, Point of View, PNY, Prolink, Sparkle, and XFX.
For additional information about NVIDIA NVTV, including where to buy, please visit the NVIDIA Web site located at http://www.nvidia.co.uk.
- Amazon’s super-simple Fire TV Recast is a great way to record broadcast TV
- Sling TV vs. YouTube TV: Which live TV streaming service is right for you?
- Samsung’s Remote Access feature will connect its smart TVs to PCs, phones, more
- Best live TV streaming services: PlayStation Vue, Hulu, Sling TV, and more
- Silicondust launches dedicated DVR storage devices for cord cutters at CES 2019