With its industry-leading performance and unmatched cinematic feature set, this radical new GPU has advanced the state of PC gaming by transforming the PC into the ultimate gaming platform.
â€œWe are committed to building the best technology for the game enthusiast,â€ stated Jen-Hsun Huang, president and CEO at NVIDIA. â€œWith the new GeForce FX 5900 series, gamers can experience games at the highest resolutions with the highest visual quality, and know they have the best platform for upcoming cinematic applications such as Doom3. The NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 is a true testament of our commitment to technology leadership and to game enthusiasts all over the world.â€
Industry-recognized influencers validated the Company’s performance claims by reporting blistering results on the latest game benchmarks. When running one of the industry’s highly anticipated benchmarksâ€”Doom3 from id Softwareâ€”the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra recorded more than a 45% performance increase over the nearest competitive product.
â€œNVIDIA’s brand new GeForce FX 5900 beats even its latest competition in all important benchmarks,â€ stated Thomas Pabst, Founder of Tom’s Hardware Guide. â€œThe new 256-bit wide memory interface allows blazing FSAA performance, while the new driver set provides vast improvements in image quality, especially with anisotropic filtering.â€
Anand Lal Shimpi, from AnandTech.com stated, â€œBy combining a 256-bit memory bus with a more efficient architecture and stable, mature drivers, the GeForce FX 5900 shifts the balance of power back to NVIDIA.â€
Based on the radical GeForce FX architecture, the GeForce FX 5900 GPU features a number of new technologies, including:
- 0.13Âµm (micron) process for ultra-high clock frequencies
- NVIDIA compatibility, stability, and reliability
- NVIDIA CineFXâ„¢ 2.0 engine with second-generation pixel shaders
- NVIDIA UltraShadowâ„¢ technology for accelerated rendering of lighting and shadows
- NVIDIA Intellisampleâ„¢ HCT for unprecedented anisotropic filtering and antialiasing image quality and performance
- 256-bit memory interface for unprecedented memory bandwidth
In addition, the GeForce FX 5900 GPU features the industry’s only true 128-bit color precision, delivering studio-quality color to the PC market. NVIDIA also supports the latest MicrosoftÂ® DirectXÂ® 9.0 and OpenGLÂ® feature sets to ensure unmatched visual quality and mesmerizing 3D graphics.
The GeForce FX 5900 series is supported by NVIDIA’s world-renowned Unified Driver Architecture (UDA)â€”the industry’s only true binary-compatible software architecture, ensuring software compatibility and stability, enabling the industry’s most reliable graphics platform.
The GeForce FX 5900 Ultra will be on display for the first time at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) this week in Los Angeles. Attendees to the show should visit NVIDIA in booth number 1636, as well as the more than twenty software partner booths on the show floor, including Activision, Bethesda Softworks, Disney Interactive, Electronic Arts, Eidos Interactive, Lucas Arts, Microsoft Games Studio, Ubisoft, and others.
The NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 will be available in June 2003 and be offered by a record number of partners worldwide. For additional details and a complete list of partners, log on to http://www.nvidia.com/.
- It’s official! AMD’s next-generation 7nm GPU is the Radeon Vega VII
- Everything Nvidia announced at CES, including mobile RTX, the RTX 2060, and more
- Intel promises new experiences for its upcoming discrete GPUs in 2020
- AMD plans ray tracing cards, looks to compete with Nvidia’s premium GPUs in 2019
- Lenovo Legion C730 Cube review