What can you do with 1,000 GB of hard-drive space? Sony is hoping consumers use the new Vaio Type X computer to record TV, up to six channels for a week straight.
The Vaio Type X is slated to go on sale November 20th for an estimated $4,700 USD, but will only be available in Japan.
“The best part is that you can freely choose what you want to watch without having to worry about what you might have missed,” said Sony spkesman Shinji Obana.
The Type X comes with six analog TV tuners, allowing the user to record up to six different channels at once, and up to 5 and a half days of continuous recording.
- Cutting the cord? Let us help you find the best service for live-streaming TV
- Looking to cut cable? Here’s everything you need to know about Pluto TV
- Cord-cutting 101: How to quit cable for online streaming video
- Comcast Xfinity: Everything you need to know about cable’s biggest player
- Hulu’s live TV offering adds more DVR controls, 60 fps support on some channels