Almost all of Seagate’s new products will be released in the third and fourth quarter, a combination of the development time needed for the new platforms as well as preparation for the lucrative selling season.
Seagate’s new announcements will cover the server, desktop PC, notebook, and consumer markets. In January, Seagate’s executive vice president of worldwide sales and marketing, Brian Dexheimer, said Seagate would enter a “tactical period” until the fall, surviving on pricing moves until the new products were introduced. Because pricing is such a critical lever in the market, Seagate executives said Tuesday that they will not decide upon final pricing for the new products until much closer to launch.
Seagate will formally announce the drives on Monday, Pait said.
Read more at ExtremeTech
- Screen-sporting LaCie DJI Copilot hard drive enables on-site backups sans laptop
- Seagate speeds up data access on its hard drives, but they won’t match SSDs
- Ford North America president gets unexpected boot for ‘inappropriate behavior’
- New app Zeamo helps users find and access gyms on the fly
- These wireless carriers provide LTE for Windows Always Connected PCs