During last month a total of 12.6 billion searches were carried out, which was a rise of 7% over September. But in that total, Yahoo’s numbers rose 9% to 2.6 billion searches, while Microsoft enjoyed an 8% boost, up to 1.1 billion searches. The loser was AOL, where the figures declined by 2%. Google had a 7% rise.
Unsurprisingly, Google continued to dominate the market with a 63.1% share of all searches, up 0.2% on the month before. Yahoo also experienced a growth in market share to 20.5%. Microsoft’s numbers remained the same at 8.5%, while both AOL and Ask.com fell.
- Steam saw more than 7,500 titles added to its library throughout 2017
- Apple could become the world’s first $1 trillion company in 2018
- Why the internet dooms the sneaker industry as much as it helps it
- Clear out your inbox with the 10 best third-party email apps for iOS
- Apple Music vs. Spotify: Which service is the streaming king?