Sony has announced a breakthrough in digital displays. The new OLED can wrap around a finger, while still displaying a fully functional display.
According to Trend Hunter, the display will be a 4.1-inch OLED display that integrates organic thin film transistors. It can be wrapped around something as small as 4mm in diameter.
There was no specific word on where this tech will fit in, but the possibilities are varied and far reaching. Imagine a newspaper where each page continues to change. But beyond the various uses for this technology, there is one simple fact that will keep this on our radar. It is very, very cool.
The display is still in production, so no word yet on when these displays will hit the market.
- MicroLED is the new hotness in TVs. But OLED isn’t going anywhere
- Hands on with LG 88-inch 8K OLED and more crazy TVs from CES 2018
- QLED vs. OLED TV: Similar names, totally different technologies
- LG C7 Series (OLED55C7P) review
- We discuss wallpaper TVs, roll-up TVs, and OLED canyons with LG’s Tim Alessi