Turtle Beach, a maker of PC audio products, yesterday announced a new addition to their line of USB audio adapters designed for PC users. The new Audio Advantage Amigo is priced at $49.95 and available now.
The Audio Advantage Amigo, said Turtle Beach, is about the size of a USB memory stick and geared towards laptop users with an average sound system. It connects to a PC’s USB port provides simulated surround sound, a stereo headphone amplifier, digital audio output and a built-in microphone. It also comes with volume/mute control, an included headset with microphone and a suite of audio management/editor software.
â€œAmigo is perfect for notebook owners who want high-quality audio on the road or at home,â€ said Seth Dotterer, Director of Marketing of Turtle Beach, in a statement. â€œIt’s compact, easy to use, and can handle it all. For instance, students can use the built-in mic to record lectures on their notebook PCs and business travelers can use the headset with Internet phone software to make phone calls on the road. Then, when it’s time to relax, the digital output lets you watch movies on your notebook with Dolby surround sound on your home theater system. The value is tremendous because you get a full-featured audio software package, headset and a miniature, yet versatile USB audio device.â€
- Your next virtual reality headset will require just one USB-C cable to connect
- Baby-powered light makes ghosts appear? Sony’s ‘Death Stranding’ game gets weirder
- Happy 20th birthday, Windows 98! Here’s why we loved you
- IBM banned USB drives. Is it the future of security or a knee-jerk reaction?
- Apple could make MagSafe a reality on USB-C MacBooks if it really wanted