Want to watch another concept video of what the future might be like? You’ve come to the right place. Two days ago, Microsoft’s Office YouTube channel released a video showing what productivity might be like in the future. Oddly, there aren’t many Office or Microsoft logos around and the interfaces of most devices don’t really look like Windows, though they all seem to use the Windows Phone fonts and simplistic style.
In Microsoft’s vision, all screens are as thin as a sheet of paper, cell phones are just a slice of glass, everything has holographic displays, you can flick documents from one object to another, and even desks and car windows have built in screens. The question is, do we want to live in a world like this? It seems a bit sterile.
- Everything we know about Microsoft’s ‘Andromeda’ Surface Phone device
- Windows’ October 2018 update wants to be best buds with your phone
- Microsoft’s friendly new A.I wants to figure out what you want — before you ask
- Cars that talk to each other are coming soon, and could save thousands of lives
- How to split your screen in Windows 10