In a sure way to attract early adopters and specifically bloggers, Akimbo has given its users the ability to watch video blogs through their television. And if you are a video blogger or a small publisher, you can now expose yourself to others through Akimbo.
Five of the Internet’s most popular video blogs are now available on the Akimbo Service, including Rocketboom, FreshWave.TV, Clint Sharp’s Vlog, Steve Garfield’s Video Blog and “The Carol and Steve Show,” and more are added each week.
“Video bloggers are enthusiastic and prolific content providers. We produce unique and sometimes quirky video for an audience who wants to see and interact with us. It’s only natural that many will want to watch our programs on their TVs. With the Akimbo Service, the ‘Carol & Steve Show’ becomes a part of the Akimbo Guide, right up there with mainstream cable and studio providers, and lets us find a whole new audience that will enjoy our shows,” said video blogger Steve Garfield. “By adding video blogs, Akimbo is democratizing video distribution to the TV and we hope that as more people get to see what video bloggers are doing, they’ll join in and participate in the citizens’ media revolution.”
Akimbo announced earlier in the month that they would drop the price of their set-top-box to just $99 dollars through the month of June, so if you are interested in this product, now is the time to buy. You can check out their website here.
- 5G-enabled billboard in Times Square briefly brings interactive game to masses
- 5G is enhancing the fan experience at the Big East Men’s Basketball Tournament
- The digital switch that blocks all websites from selling your personal data
- 10 infamous tech flops that were way ahead of their time
- The 50-year old Silicon Valley lab that practically invented modern computing