Heralded as a “revolutionary breakthrough for transportation,” the team behind ArcaBoard promises, “For the first time, every person will be able to fly anytime, anywhere.” Few of the technical aspects have changed — the hoverboard will still feature up to 272 horsepower and 430 pounds of thrust. Its 36 high-power electric ducted fans will keep you in the air for around six minute max, which will take you a little over a mile with a top speed of 12.5 miles per hour.
But never fear, thankfully, ArcaBoard now has replacement battery packs in the works, so that you can quickly substitute fresh juice if you want to stay hovering for more than six minutes (and why wouldn’t you?). This is a definite improvement over the previous solution to a dead battery — a 35-minute charging time.
And of course, the best part is the price cut, which was brought about by partnerships with companies like Southwest Composite Works Inc. in the U.S. and Eco Molding Co. in China.
So if you’re ready for a “new exhilarating experience,” go ahead and pre-order now.
- The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 Just Got a HUGE Price Cut at Amazon
- Beats Studio Buds just got their first price cut in this Amazon sale
- 2022 Rivian R1T first drive review: The first EV pickup sets a high bar
- What’s new on HBO and HBO Max, and what’s leaving in October 2021
- These Apple products just got a huge price cut — but hurry!