Audio-Technica today introduced its ATH-ANC27 QuietPoint active noise-cancelling over-ear headphones, the first model to feature the company’s 85% active noise-cancelling (ANC) technology. These ATH-ANC7b active noise-cancelling headphones received an Innovations 2010 Design and Engineering Award from at CES 2010. The ATH-ANC27 has a detachable cord giving them a convenient functionality as cordless headphones. The company says this model is ideal for use with any person on-the-go or for any number of devices, and is compatible with the Apple iPod, iPhone and iPod touch.
In addition to its detachable 3.9-foot cord, the ATH-ANC27 comes with a durable hard-shell travel case, 1/4-inch plug adapter, airline adapter and an AAA battery. These active noise-cancelling over-ear headphones will be available March 2010 online or at Audio-Technica authorized retailers for about $119.95.
- The best headphones for 2021
- Grell Audio promises audiophile-grade wireless earbuds for $200
- Bose QuietComfort 45 review: More (and less) of a very good thing
- The best noise-canceling headphones for 2021
- Sony delivers the $100 WF-C500, its most affordable set of true wireless earbuds