Each attendee paid about $81 to witness the momentous occasion and received special invitations featuring the couple in a heart. The groom was Frois, a boxy red and silver robot that wore a bow tie. The wedding dress-donning bride was Yukirin, a humanoid fashioned in the likeness of Japanese pop star Yuki Kashiwagi. Possibly for copyright reasons, Yukirin was called “Roborin” at the wedding, according to RT.com.
Pepper, SoftBank’s popular robot, officiated the wedding before the audience of human and robot guests. There was an awkward kiss between Frois and Yukirin, in which the groom ejected a silver disc out of its mouth. Cake, music, and dancing were also involved, according to the Daily Mail.
Maywa Denki, the electronics accessories company that designed Frois, organized the event. There was no word about honeymoon plans.
- Tentacle-like robotic vines exist. We’re not sure if we’re excited or terrified
- See the beautiful first image captured by a new telescope in the Chilean desert
- This oddball Japanese robot will fold your clothes and do your laundry
- Forget wheels: This delivery robot can walk straight up to your doorstep
- South Korea is getting a world-class robot museum that will be built by robots