Each attendee paid about $81 to witness the momentous occasion and received special invitations featuring the couple in a heart. The groom was Frois, a boxy red and silver robot that wore a bow tie. The wedding dress-donning bride was Yukirin, a humanoid fashioned in the likeness of Japanese pop star Yuki Kashiwagi. Possibly for copyright reasons, Yukirin was called “Roborin” at the wedding, according to RT.com.
Pepper, SoftBank’s popular robot, officiated the wedding before the audience of human and robot guests. There was an awkward kiss between Frois and Yukirin, in which the groom ejected a silver disc out of its mouth. Cake, music, and dancing were also involved, according to the Daily Mail.
Maywa Denki, the electronics accessories company that designed Frois, organized the event. There was no word about honeymoon plans.
- The best romance movies on Netflix right now
- The best romantic comedies on Netflix
- Robot specialist Boston Dynamics offers rare look inside its workshop
- Evolving, self-replicating robots are here — but don’t worry about an uprising
- The best Roomba robots for 2021