The amazing part is that this whole system fits inside a pocket-sized capsule, so it takes up just as much (if not less) room as normal flare gun would. Inside the capsule you’ll find a canister of pressurized helium, a compressed SOS balloon, a small LED/battery assembly, and a length of lightweight cordage you can use to anchor the balloon to yourself. To deploy the balloon, just open up the capsule and twist the balloon’s base onto the helium canister. This will puncture it and release the gas into the balloon, sending it to the skies.
Pricing and availability details are scarce at this point, but we’ve reached out to RescueMe’s creators, and will update this post with that information when it’s made available.
- OLED vs. LED: Which kind of TV display is better?
- Here’s why SpaceX plans to blow up a rocket this weekend
- Celebrating Spitzer: NASA’s infrared telescope retiring after a 16-year mission
- QLED vs. OLED TV: What’s the difference, and why does it matter?
- Amazon drops a huge $142 off the Shark Rotator Lift-Away vacuum