Consumer electronics maker JVC earlier this week unveiled a new digital audio player for the masses. Called the Alneo XA-HD500, this six gigabyte player is set to be available this month for $249.99.
The XA-HD500, JVC said, plays MP3 and WMA (including DRM) files, features a USB 2.0 connection for fast file transfers and has a backlit LCD. Other features include up to 30 hours of rechargeable battery life, digital surround listening modes, bass boost, improved JVC audio enhancement technology â€œthat improves the sound quality of compressed musicâ€ and the ability to be used as an external data storage device.
The player, which is finished in black and measures 2â€ x 3.6â€ x 0.7â€, weighs 3.2 ounces and comes with a docking station that charges the player’s battery as well as being equipped with audio outputs for connecting to a PC or audio component for playback. There is also an included infrared remote control for operating the player which, when pressed, automatically enlarges the display’s type-size for easier reading when used for home playback in the docking station.
- The best MP3 players for 2021
- Avid swimmer? Save $30 on this top-rated waterproof MP3 player
- When no mere iPod will do, Astell & Kern makes this $3,500 high-res music player
- Geek Wave, a no-nonsense portable music player, proves that MP3 players aren’t dead
- Neil Young’s Pono MP3 player exceeds Kickstarter goal in a day, breaks $1 million