Microsoft today announced a software update for the Windows XP Media Center Edition 20005. Called Update Rollup 2, the chief feature of this update – which is available from Microsoft’s Windows Update site – is the ability for customers to stream digital music, videos, photos, and standard and high-definition television and movies from Media Center PCs to any television in their home via the Xbox 360 gaming system.
Using the built-in Media Center Extender technology of Xbox 360, planned for availability Nov. 22 in North America, Update Rollup 2 will connect Xbox 360 to a Media Center Edition PC, offering instant access to content available on the Media Center PC. Other enhancements in the upcoming update included integrated support for external DVD changers, an away mode to handle unattended tasks
- The 60 best HBO series streaming right now
- Bose Smart Soundbar 900 review: Adds Atmos immersion for $100 more
- Windows 11 vs. Windows 10: Should you upgrade?
- Microsoft Surface Duo 2 review: A great second impression
- The best is yet to come for Xbox Game Pass subscribers