As fate would have it, we literally stumbled into Pencil creator Georg Petschnigg in the press room at IFA 2014 in Berlin, Germany, and he was gracious enough to show us what the Pencil looks like in action, and explain what new features and functionality will come with the release of iOS 8. You can see it for yourself in the video above.
Related: Everything we know about iOS 8
The combination of Pencil and Paper let artists of any skill level draw, sketch, outline, write, and paint on a virtual canvas.
You can find Pencil, in both Graphite and Walnut finishes, on sale at Amazon.
- Turn your iPad into a display for your new Mac Mini with this workaround
- From electron microscopes to X-rays, high-tech tools expose low-tech art forgery
- The best drawing apps for the iPad Pro
- What to expect from Apple’s October 30 event: New MacBooks, iPads
- Here’s how to download iOS 12 on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch