As fate would have it, we literally stumbled into Pencil creator Georg Petschnigg in the press room at IFA 2014 in Berlin, Germany, and he was gracious enough to show us what the Pencil looks like in action, and explain what new features and functionality will come with the release of iOS 8. You can see it for yourself in the video above.
Related: Everything we know about iOS 8
The combination of Pencil and Paper let artists of any skill level draw, sketch, outline, write, and paint on a virtual canvas.
You can find Pencil, in both Graphite and Walnut finishes, on sale at Amazon.
- Surface Pro 8 vs. iPad Pro: Which powerful tablet is best?
- The best stylus for note-takers and artists
- Common iPad Pro problems, and how to fix them
- Here’s which Apple Pencil works with which iPad
- The best drawing apps for the iPad Pro