As fate would have it, we literally stumbled into Pencil creator Georg Petschnigg in the press room at IFA 2014 in Berlin, Germany, and he was gracious enough to show us what the Pencil looks like in action, and explain what new features and functionality will come with the release of iOS 8. You can see it for yourself in the video above.
Related: Everything we know about iOS 8
The combination of Pencil and Paper let artists of any skill level draw, sketch, outline, write, and paint on a virtual canvas.
You can find Pencil, in both Graphite and Walnut finishes, on sale at Amazon.
- The best drawing apps for the iPad Pro
- The best stylus for note-takers and artists
- Apple Pencil 2 review: Everyone’s new iPad sidekick
- Here’s how to use Sidecar in MacOS Catalina to make your iPad a second screen
- Apple Pencil tips and tricks: How to get the most out of your iPad