Don’t feel like building your own USB outlets? Are you just sitting there wishing someone would do it for you? Guess what, someone did—TruePower revealed its UCS power outlets with built-in USB ports. This outlet is will charge any of your USB powered devices with its two USB ports and it also features two standard three-prong power outlets.
TruePower says this item can be installed on any existing wall outlet, but they will also be releasing an installation video so you can do it yourself. This product is still waiting for “UL Approval,” but is scheduled to begin shipping in early 2010 and is currently available for pre-order at FastMac.com. This USB outlet is priced at $9.95.
Here are some of its power specs:
- Input voltage: AC 100 to 240V 50/60Hz
- USB input current: 80mA
- Output voltage: USB: DC 5.0V 600mA
- Operation temperature: -15 to 45 Degrees Celsius
- Relative humidity: < 95%
- Air pressure: 86 to 106kPa
- BMW USA’s stance on diesels still up in the air despite discontinuation claims
- Skydio’s self-flying drone now has an Apple Watch app for flight prep
- Double your charging speed with Nomad’s Tesla Model 3 wireless charger
- Volkswagen shows us the workaholic side of its modern-day classic van
- Google Home Mini vs. Amazon Echo Dot: Which is better?