Don’t feel like building your own USB outlets? Are you just sitting there wishing someone would do it for you? Guess what, someone did—TruePower revealed its UCS power outlets with built-in USB ports. This outlet is will charge any of your USB powered devices with its two USB ports and it also features two standard three-prong power outlets.
TruePower says this item can be installed on any existing wall outlet, but they will also be releasing an installation video so you can do it yourself. This product is still waiting for “UL Approval,” but is scheduled to begin shipping in early 2010 and is currently available for pre-order at FastMac.com. This USB outlet is priced at $9.95.
Here are some of its power specs:
- Input voltage: AC 100 to 240V 50/60Hz
- USB input current: 80mA
- Output voltage: USB: DC 5.0V 600mA
- Operation temperature: -15 to 45 Degrees Celsius
- Relative humidity: < 95%
- Air pressure: 86 to 106kPa
- Here’s a list of portable tech gadgets you’ll want to use every day
- The best USB charging stations for 2021
- The best Micro USB cables for 2021
- The best USB-C power adapters, cables, and portable chargers for iPhone 12
- Why your future gaming laptops will finally be powered solely by USB-C