XM Satellite Radio has announced that Nissan North America, Inc., has chosen XM to supply satellite-delivered data and telematics services, such as in-vehicle messaging and XM NavTraffic, whichdelivers current traffic information to properly equipped Nissan and Infiniti vehicle navigation systems.
“Nissan’s choice to expand its relationship with XM in this important area of data services and telematics capabilities represents a major milestone for our company,” said Hugh Panero, CEO and President of XM Satellite Radio. “XM has dedicated significant resources to the development of XM NavTraffic and other automotive data capabilities over the last two years,” Panero said.
Nissan currently offers XM radios as an accessory option on all models of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles (18 models in total), including the Nissan Sentra, Altima, Maxima, Quest, 350Z Coupe, Murano, Armada, Pathfinder, Frontier, Xterra, and Titan, as well as the Infiniti FX35/45, G35 Sedan, G35 Coupe, M45, Q45, and QX56.
- This Porsche 718 uses components made from hemp to save weight
- General Motors is delaying its semiautonomous driving technology
- Why stop at stereo? Audi details new 3D sound system for the 2016 Q7
- Mazda gears up for the Tudor United SportsCar Championship with a diesel prototype
- Forbidden fruit: Honda Civic Type-R gets turbocharged engine with 280 hp