The takeaway here is: better color. Each manufacturer is either using quantum dots or a phosphor-coated LED technology in order to expand color gamut (the total colors that can be produced by the television). In either case, the result is color that’s closer to what you can see at the movie theater, known as DCI (digital cinema initiative) P3 color space. The effect can be incredible, though the content that supports it isn’t available yet.
But don’t worry, that’s coming soon, too.
- These are the best cheap 4K TV deals for May 2020
- Best Memorial Day TV Deals: HDTVs, 4K TVs, and 8K TVs
- These LG, Samsung, Sony 4K TVs are all on sale (and in stock) for Memorial Day
- The best 4K Blu-ray players for 2020
- 65-inch 4K TV Sale: Save big on LG, Samsung, Sony, and Vizio