Today on DT Daily: the FCC vote on net neutrality is nigh, a sleeper Mercedes, and Pebble’s new watch campaign is drowning in money.
We know you’ve been keeping close tabs on the FCC’s impending historic vote this Thursday on net neutrality, but in case you got distracted by House of Cards bingeing or your ISP has been severely throttling your bandwidth, here’s the latest update.
Mercedes-Benz doesn’t exactly have a sports car reputation, but if you think their cars are slow, well, they aren’t. DT autos editor Nick Jaynes recently drove their C63 AMG sedan, and with a twin-turbo V8 under the hood, it’s the kind of car that will leave unsuspecting sports cars drivers in the dust, while still swaddling you and three friends in German luxury.
If you thought smart watches are just for geeks, the debut of Pebble’s latest watch, the Pebble Time, should dispel that notion. It’s on Kickstarter right now and we watched as orders rolled in at about 10 per second. Good thing it tells time!
- Is this why FCC chairman Ajit Pai canceled his CES appearance?
- States are waging guerrilla warfare to save net neutrality. Here’s how
- Internet Association pressures Senate to reverse FCC’s net neutrality repeal
- CAT’s FLIR-packing S61 Android smartphone is your tough new best friend
- Multiple challengers take on the FCC’s net neutrality repeal