Black Friday has arrived, and you know what that means — now’s the time for Black Friday deals. 2020 has been a strange and difficult year, with many of us spending more time at home than we usually would. If you’re bored and in dire need of some entertainment, you should consider grabbing a Roku streaming device so you can watch Netflix, Hulu, or your other favorite streaming services on your TV.
These devices are super affordable (even more so on Black Friday) and dead easy to install, making them a great way to upgrade your regular TV to give it smart TV features. And this is the ideal time to take advantage of the fantastic Black Friday Roku deals out there.
Best Black Friday Roku deals
- Roku Premiere — $25, was $40
- Roku Streaming Stick+ HD/4K/HDR Streaming Device with Wireless and Voice Remote — $29, was $49
- Roku Streaming Stick — $35, was $50
- Roku Ultra 2020 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision Streaming Media Player with Voice Remote — $70, was $100
- Roku Streambar 4K HDR Streaming Media Player & Bluetooth TV Speaker — $100, was $130
- 40-Inch TCL 1080p Smart LED ROKU TV — $180, was $300
- 65-inch TCL 8-Series 4K QLED Roku TV — $1,300, was $1,500
How to choose a Roku during Black Friday
There are plenty of different Roku devices out there, with a Roku for every home and every budget, but this can make it confusing to know what’s best for you. As always, it’s important to know your budget before you go nuts and spend too much. We also recommend checking out our best streaming devices guide so you buy the best streamer for you.
If you simply want something that you can plug into your TV and get watching your favorite shows, something like the Roku Express is a good starting point, covering all the basics. Like all Roku devices, it uses the Roku OS so you can easily find the content you want, and even including workouts like those from Peloton.
Alternatively, if you want 4K and HDR support then the Roku Streaming Stick+ is the one for you, providing a superior picture while still being highly portable and lightweight. It also recently got support for AirPlay 2 and HomeKit. It goes toe-to-toe with other streaming devices, as you can see in our Chromecast vs. Roku Streaming Stick+ vs. Fire TV Stick 4K showdown.
One thing to watch out for during the sale season is the Roku Ultra. It works like the Apple TV because it’s more than just a stick, offering a powerful processor, voice controls, and the ability to hook it up via Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection. There are currently two versions of the Ultra available with the Roku Ultra 2019 edition being the better value proposition as it’s older but the 2020 version offering Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, and Bluetooth — something that’s worth keeping an eye out during the holiday sales.
Finally, there’s the Roku Streambar (which was just recently revealed) which works as a smart soundbar that provides Dolby Audio for your TV while also offering all the benefits that come with a Roku. Effectively, it’s a two-in-one solution and sure to be a big hit with anyone looking for superior sound as well as streaming capabilities.
Don’t forget to keep an eye out for Roku TVs too if you need a new display. Brands like TCL, Hisense, JVC, and RCA all offer smart TVs with Roku built-in to them, and you can find additional Roku TV wireless speakers if you want to give your sound a boost.
Should you buy a Roku during Black Friday?
If you’ve been thinking about buying a Roku, you might be wondering when the best time to buy is. With so many retailers offering sales at different times, it can be tough to know when the best bargains can be found. But we have good news for you, as the Black Friday Roku deals mark the best prices you’re likely to find all year round. We’ve seen in previous years that Black Friday prices can’t be beaten, so we recommend you go ahead and purchase now to take advantage of these hot deals while they’re still available.
How much should you spend on a Roku on Black Friday?
If all you’re after is a simple streaming stick to enable your TV to stream from services like Netflix, you can pick up a Roku stick for as little as $25 over Black Friday. If you’re after features like voice controls and support for 4K as well, you might spend somewhere in the $30 – $50 region. And as for Roku TVs, you can find these in a big range of price points, from as low as $200 to as high as $2,000 or above, depending on the size of the TV and its extra features.
Are any Black Friday Roku deals too good to be true?
There are a ton of Roku deals available this Black Friday, but you should be careful when making a purchase that you only buy from trusted, reputable retailers. You want to make sure you do your research before buying, and select a retailer with a fair returns policy and one who will send you a genuine product.
That’s why we recommend Black Friday deals only from the biggest name and most trusted retailers, so you can be sure that you’ll get what you’re paying for. Don’t let retailer tricks like countdown clocks push you into making a decision before you’re ready.
Where to find the best Roku sales
- Amazon Black Friday: Amazon often has excellent deals on Roku streaming devices and that’s definitely going to be the case during Black Friday.
- Best Buy Black Friday: Buy now and Best Buy promises you’ll still get the best price between now and Black Friday, so there’s absolutely no risk in buying early.
- Target Black Friday: Target has a range of Roku products on offer including streaming sticks and the larger streaming media players and Streambar.
- Walmart Black Friday: With a similar price guarantee to Best Buy, Walmart is highly likely to have big discounts on Roku devices.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Roku Streaming Stick is a no-brainer at just $40 at Best Buy for Black Friday
- These are the best cheap Roku deals for November 2020
- Best Prime Day Roku Deals 2020: The best sales you can still shop
- Roku adds AirPlay 2, HomeKit to select 4K devices
- Quick! Roku Streambar is $30 off at Amazon for Black Friday