Everybody knows eBay as the king of auction websites, but over the past decade, this site has grown to become a big-box online retailer with deals to rival those of stores like Amazon and Walmart. In fact, eBay has become such a popular place to score brand new high-end electronics that many of those third-party retailers now offer their own deals — the very same ones you’ll find on sites like Best Buy and Newegg — right on eBay. There are millions of listings to sift through, though, so to save you some precious time, we’ve already combed through the top offerings to bring you the best eBay tech deals right here:
Today’s best eBay deals
- PlayStation Plus One-Year Subscription Card — $37, was $60
- Sony MDR-7506 Professional Headphones — $105, was $132
- Audio-Technica AT-LP60-BT Bluetooth Turntable — $129, was $180
- Klipsch T5 True Wireless Earbuds — $129, was $199
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II Limited Edition Wireless Headphones — $250, was $400
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 64GB Wi-Fi + 4G LTE — $350, was $400
- Acer Spin 5 Laptop — $688, was $800
- Lenovo ThinkPad T480 Laptop — $749, was $1,050
- TCL 65R625 65-Inch 4K QLED Roku TV — $750, was $1,300
- Lenovo Yoga Y540 Gaming Laptop + Microsoft Office 365 — $980, was $1,570
How to find a great eBay deal
One of the reasons that there are always so many great eBay deals to be found is that this auction site is much more expansive than most other online retail outlets, hosting thousands of different sellers from private vendors to big retailers like Best Buy and Newegg. The flip side of that coin is that there are also more pitfalls to be mindful of when shopping around for those eBay deals so that you don’t get ripped off or end up with buyer’s remorse.
Since pretty much anybody can sell on eBay, it’s important to perform your due diligence before handing over your cash. When it comes to pricey electronics, we generally advise sticking to brand new items instead of second-hand goods, no matter how hot that deal on a used item may seem — used tech often doesn’t come with a manufacturer’s warranty or any other post-purchase support (aside from the option of returning it and possibly having to eat the shipping charges). It might not be a bad idea to buy something that has been professionally refurbished, but if you’re going to go that route, then buy only from repair centers that are authorized by the original manufacturer. Many times, the brand itself will have its own eBay outlet where it offers refurbished goods that are covered by a full warranty.
One especially great thing about eBay is that you can find discounts on almost everything year-round, so it’s a useful place to find bargains when there aren’t big seasonal sales going on at other retailers. As far as electronics go, you don’t have to look too far to find some outstanding eBay deals on computers, tablets, smart home devices, home theater equipment, and other big-ticket tech items. It is also a good place to hunt for smartphone deals and particularly for discounts on unlocked models. The best deals will always be on last-gen units, but don’t overlook newer releases. It doesn’t take long for third-party eBay sellers to get a hold of brand new current-gen devices like the iPhone 11 or Samsung Galaxy S20.
The sheer number of items, product categories, and sellers can make shopping on eBay a time-consuming affair, even if you already have an idea of what you want. To save some time and to quickly find the best bargains available at the moment, you can always head over to the eBay deals page to see what’s on offer. This landing page also features discounts and promotions from big-name retailers and other trusted sellers so you’re generally in safe waters here, even when buying manufacturer-refurbished items.
Looking for more great stuff? Find tech discounts and much more on our curated deals page.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- B&H 4th of July Sale 2020: 5 tech deals you can’t afford to miss
- The best iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Fire, and Pixel tablet deals for July 2020
- Best Buy laptop deals: The best offers for July 2020
- The best Apple iPhone deals for July 2020
- Best smartphone deals for July 2020: iPhone, Samsung, and Google Pixel