Many Prime Day deals and Prime Day are now history, but some sales end continue. If you’ve been on the lookout for a great air purifier, now is the time to buy before the item sells out or the shipping windows get longer. If you want to improve the air quality in your home, take advantage of one of these Prime Day air purifier deals.
Today’s best Prime Day air purifier deals
- PARTU HEPA Air Purifier — $46, was $60
- Germ Guardian AC4100 Desk Air Purifier — $60, was $90
- LENSOUL True HEPA Air Purifiers for Home Allergies and Pets — $70, was $80
- hOmeLabs 58 Sq. Ft. Air Purifier — $70, was $100
- Okaysou AirMic4S Medical Grade Air Purifier — $80, was $90
- Fellowes AeraMax 90 200 Sq. Ft. Air Purifier — $180, was $210
- Sharp IOT Plasmacluster Ion Air Purifier — $527, was $600
How to choose an air purifier
As you develop your air purifier deal-hunting strategy, keep in mind there’s a wide variety available for different purposes.
Room size or area capacity
Good quality air purifiers are significant purchases in terms of your health and comfort. Because air purifiers can be costly to buy and operate, it’s crucial to purchase devices appropriate for their intended function. Look for room size or cubic feet ratings, so you don’t buy an air purifier that’s too small for your space — it will run all the time and likely fail at doing a sufficient job. On the other hand, an air purifier that’s too large for an area will waste money on higher operating costs.
Simple fans don’t purify bad air; they just blow it around. Air purifiers use different technologies to convert bad air into healthy air. HEPA-standard air filters trap harmful particles, and PECO filters disinfect them. Both technologies have proponents, so it’s a good idea to read up on the differences before buying a device during a sale.
Air purifier technologies differ in their energy consumption, but any appliance that runs all day and night can give your electric bill an unwanted shock. Look for Energy Star labels or other certifications or statements about energy use.
Moving air can be noisy. Look for manufacturer statements of noise levels or noise abatement technologies.
If you only need an air purifier and have no need for room cooling or space heating, your search for the right model will be easier. Just be aware that many models can serve more than one role. Multifunction air purifiers cost more than single-purpose models but less than buying two appliances when one could do the job.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- These are the best cheap air purifier deals for November 2020
- Save $70 on Dyson HP02 Air Purifier in Amazon’s latest pre-Prime Day deal
- Save $200 on the Dyson BP01 Pure Cool Me air purifier fan today
- These are the best cheap air conditioner deals for November 2020
- These are the best cheap dishwasher deals for November 2020