Prime Day is now over, which means the best home security camera deals are pretty much gone. Some great deals remain, however, but we suggest you act quickly because if they don’t sell out, they may still be pulled by merchants.
Today’s best Prime Day home security camera deals
- SOLIOM S60 Outdoor Solar Battery-Powered Security Camera, — $79, was $99
- SOLIOM S90 Wireless Security Camera Outdoor Solar Battery Powered, — $104, was $130
- Soliom S600 Solar-Powered Home Security Camera with Tilt, Pan, and 3x Zoom — $129, was $199
- Echo Show 8 with Blink Mini Indoor Smart Security Camera — $140, was $165
- Ring Spotlight Cam Battery with Echo Show 5 — $275, was $289
- Arlo Ultra 2-Camera Security System — $559, was $600
- Arlo - Pro 3 4-Camera Indoor/Outdoor Wire-Free 2K HDR Security Camera System — $650, was $800
How to choose a home security camera
There are a lot of different types of home security cameras out there. Here are some features to consider when you shop these Prime Day home security camera deals.
Go wireless: Wireless cameras are easier to install and can be placed anywhere within the vicinity of your home. These cameras usually connect to your Wi-Fi network and can work with designated apps to send a video feed straight to your phone. This way, you’ll always be aware of what’s happening in and around your home.
Consider the video quality: You want a security camera with high video resolution as well as night vision features. Another thing you might want to consider is if your device offers you a live feed. Always try getting a camera with HD resolution, the image is way clearer on HD displays than on lower resolution cameras. Some cameras are even more advanced: The Arlo Pro 3 has 2K resolution with HDR qualities.
Check the field of view: Get a security camera with at least a 160-degree field of view if you can. Some cameras go even wider and can offer you a 180-degree field of view. It all really depends on what you prefer. Usually, 160 or even 140 degrees is more than enough.
Get advanced motion detection: Though most home security cameras come equipped with motion detection, some have the ability for you to adjust activity zones. This means you can decide how big you want your detection zone to be so your camera doesn’t ping you every time a car drives by.
Smart home compatibility: Not all security cameras have this feature and even fewer functions on voice assistants like Google. If you’re part of the Google or Apple ecosystem make sure the camera you choose is compatible with a hands-free experience.
Consider additional features: Some other basic features to look out for is two-way talk, so you can speak to whoever is at your front door, and if your camera comes with cloud storage. Cloud storage is great because it gives your device more room to store your video feed. Some cameras even come with built-in sirens like the Ring Spotlight to ward off any potential invaders. Check all the features offered by your chosen camera and make sure they align with your needs before you make a commitment.
Should I shop on Prime Day or wait until Black Friday?
Prime Day and Black Friday both take place during the fall of this year, only a month apart. This is great for additional savings but brings a couple of issues into view. Firstly, demand is going to be overwhelming for tech retail giants like Amazon this fall meaning anything that runs out of stock during Prime Day might not see a significant restock in time for Black Friday or even Cyber Monday. Heavy demand during big events like Black Friday might also result in large shipping delays so you might not get your ordered goods in time for Christmas. Our advice to you: Start holiday shopping earlier this year and take advantage of these Prime Day home security camera deals. All tech goods should see similar discounts on both Black Friday and Prime Day, so price shouldn’t affect your decision.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- The best cheap home security camera deals for October 2020: Arlo, Nest, Ring, EZVIZ
- The best wireless security cameras for 2020
- Amazon knocks $100 off Arlo Pro 3 home security camera system before Prime Day
- The Ring Video Doorbell probably won’t be this cheap again until 2021
- Amazon drops pre-Prime Day deal on Arlo Pro 3 home security camera system