If you have a desk job or use a gaming desk, chances are you spend a whole lot of time sitting. Sitting is the new smoking. That is, sitting for hours on end each day is incredibly unhealthy. Standing desks and workstations have become increasingly popular in an attempt to combat this health issue and are far more necessary lately with all of the working from home. When standing desks first came onto the market, it was nearly impossible to find a cheap standing desk, but it is now easier to find a standing desk at a reasonable price. Whether you are trying to get your boss to purchase one for your use at the office or you have been stuck working at home for months, we have found some excellent Prime Day standing desk deals for you.
- Rocelco Deluxe Height Adjustable Standing Desk Converter — $91, was $119
- Lorell Sit-to-Stand Desk Riser — $155, was $189
- Atlantic Furniture Mobile Standing Desk — $165, was $220
- Flexispot Height-Adjustable Electric Sit Stand Desk — $250, was $300
- Flexispot Bike Chair Desk Cycle — $270, was $400
- WorkPro Standing Desk — $480, was $610
- Trendway Straight Corner Standing Desk — $1,190, was $1,744
Standing desks come in all shapes and sizes. Some of the options are desktop units that you place on top of an existing desk. Other models are an entire desk that has adjustable heights. Almost all models have adjustable parts, so you can raise or lower the height based on your needs and alternate between standing and sitting throughout the day. No matter what your needs are, you should be able to find a standing desk that meets them. No matter how much space you have, you will be able to find a model that fits in that space. Just be sure to measure the area you want to put the standing desk in and look at the dimensions of the model you want before you buy.
Some models have extra shelves for your keyboard and mouse, while other models have just one platform. Some models have an extra-large work surface, so you have room for two monitors or lots of papers and files. Other models have a rather small platform designed to hold a monitor while the workspace is a separate area. Since there are so many different variations when it comes to design, be sure to check out several options before you buy to ensure you get all of the features and space that you need.
As mentioned, sitting too much can have serious adverse health effects. People who sit a lot have an increased risk of heart disease and diabetes. Sitting all day also burns very few calories and can lead to weight gain. Standing after meals rather than sitting can reduce blood sugar levels and therefore reduce the risk of diabetes. People with back pain often complain about having to sit all day. Studies have shown that standing throughout the day decreases back pain. Overall, standing desks seem to influence a person’s well-being and mood positively, and most users of standing desks report less fatigue and an increase in energy.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Best Prime Day smart doorbell deals for 2021: The best sales you can still shop
- Best Prime Day Dyson deals for 2021: The best sales you can still shop
- Best Prime Day smart plug deals for 2021: The best sales you can still shop
- Best Prime Day smart lock deals for 2021: The best sales you can still shop
- Best Prime Day smart thermostat deals for 2021: The best sales you can still shop