If you have a desk job or a gaming desk, odds are you spend a whole lot of time sitting. It has been said that sitting is the new smoking — that is, sitting for hours on end each day is incredibly unhealthy. Standing desks and workstations have become increasingly more popular over the past few years in an attempt to combat this health issue and are far more necessary lately with all of the working from home. When standing desks first came onto the market, it was nearly impossible to find a cheap standing desk, but due to their increasing popularity, it is now easier to find a standing desk at a reasonable price. Whether you are trying to get your boss to purchase you one for the office or you have been stuck working at home for months have found some excellent standing desk deals for you.
Today’s best standing desk deals
- Rocelco Deluxe Height Adjustable Standing Desk Converter — $83, was $119
- FEZIBO Adjustable Standing Desk — $127, was $185
- ABOX Electric Powered Standing Desk Converter — $150, was $200
- Lorell Sit-to-Stand Desk Riser — $170, was $309
- VIVO Electric Computer Height Adjustable Gaming Desk — $390, was $470
- Trendway Straight Corner Standing Desk — $1,130, was $1,744
- Steelcase AirTouch Standing Desk — $1,812, was $2,703
How to choose a standing desk
Standing desks come in all shapes and sizes. Some of the options are desktop units that you place on top of an existing desk. Other models are an entire desk that has adjustable heights. Almost all models have adjustable parts so you can raise or lower the height based on your needs as well as alternate between standing and sitting throughout the day. No matter what your needs are, you should be able to find a standing desk that meets them. No matter how much space you have, you will be able to find a model that fits in that space. Just be sure to measure the area that you want to put the standing desk in and look at the dimensions of the model you want before you buy.
Some models have extra shelves for your keyboard and mouse, while other models have just one platform. Some models have an extra-large work surface, so you have room for two monitors or lots of papers and files. Other models have a rather small platform that is designed to hold a monitor while the workspace is a separate area. Since there are so many different variations when it comes to design, be sure to check out several options before you buy to ensure you get all of the features and space that you need.
As mentioned, sitting too much can have serious adverse health effects. People who sit a lot have an increased risk of heart disease and diabetes. Sitting all day also burns very few calories and can lead to weight gain. Standing after meals rather than sitting can reduce blood sugar levels and therefore reduce the risk of diabetes. People with back pain often complain about having to sit all day. Studies have shown that standing throughout the day decreases back pain. Overall, standing desks seem to have positive influences on a person’s well-being and mood, and most users of standing desks report less fatigue and an increase in energy.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Stride to your fitness goals with these great November 2020 treadmill deals
- The best standing desks of 2020
- We could soon be coughing into our phones to see if we have COVID-19
- Why you should buy the All33 ergonomic office chair
- Why you shouldn’t mount your TV above your fireplace