Treadmills are the most popular cardiovascular exercise machines for good reasons related to your health. While commercial treadmill prices can take your breath away, treadmills designed for home use are relative bargains. If you want a good quality treadmill for your home, there are plenty of appealing choices that won’t empty your bank account. Some treadmill models fold up to save space if you’re concerned about not having enough room to set up a treadmill.
Today’s top treadmill deals
- Merax Easy Assembly Folding Treadmill — $330, was $400
- JUMPER Portable Folding Electric Treadmill — $342, was $540
- Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7515 Smart Treadmill — $498, was $529
- Fitnation Slim Line Treadmill — $550, was $899
- Gymax 2.25HP Electric Folding Fitness Treadmill — $630, was $1,000
- TR6.6 Treadmill — $1,100, was $2,000
- Freemotion t8.9b Treadmill — $3,599, was $6,599
Walking or running on a treadmill puts less stress on the body than walking or running on a flat surface outdoors. Every time you take a step while running or walking outside on the pavement, concrete, or dirt, your legs take on a lot of impact force. This impact can eventually lead to ankle, knee, and even back problems. The softer surface of a treadmill helps reduce this impact and is thus much easier on your joints and bones.
Treadmills allow you to monitor your heart rate and blood pressure, which makes them safer for people suffering from those issues. Cardiologists use treadmills to diagnose cardiac problems because the body may not show symptoms until it is under stress. Regular aerobic exercise, such as running on a treadmill, also improves blood circulation and helps lower blood pressure.
Treadmills are also an ideal way to control insulin levels and can be extremely beneficial for people with type 2 diabetes. Because regular cardio exercise decreases blood sugar levels, Type 2 diabetics often can benefit from a regimen of daily treadmill workouts.
Many treadmills available today feature LED screens that display all sorts of valuable information. You can track your speed, distance, calories burned, incline, and more. Many of them also have built-in heart rate monitors. All of this data allows you to track your progress and set workout goals for yourself. Many treadmill models are easy to fold up to save space. Most newer treadmills also have quiet motors, so you won’t disrupt your household while running.
We monitor treadmill deals throughout the year. We update this selection multiple times each month, so check back regularly to see the latest treadmill deals.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Best cheap standing desk deals for January 2021
- The best deals on elliptical machines for low-impact cardio in January 2021
- A blood-pressure sensor is the holy grail for wearables. Valencell has one
- These are the best home gym deals for January 2021
- The best NordicTrack home fitness and exercise equipment deals for January 2021