When you think of new and exciting technology, washers and dryers are probably not the first items that come to mind. However, washers and dryers are appliances that everyone needs and uses, and they really have come a long way in terms of technological improvements over the years. If you are in the market for a new washer and dryer, the choices are vast, and options can get pricey. To help you out, we have selected some of the best washers and dryers deals for you, so you can make an informed decision and save some money.
Today’s top washer and dryer bundle deals
- Samsung 5 Cu. Ft. Front-Loading Smart Wi-Fi Washer with Steam — $950, was $1,170
- Equator 1200 RPM Compact Convertible Combo Washer Dryer in White — $1,130, was $1,463
- Whirlpool High-Efficiency Top Loading Washer with Gas Dryer — $1,477, was $1,598
- Package includes Samsung Compact Washer with Steam and Electric Dryer - White — $1,600, was $1,800
- Package - Samsung Black stainless steel Washer and Electric Dryer with Steam — $1,700, was $1,800
- Samsung 4.5 cu. ft. Front Load Washer and 7.5 Cu. Ft. Electric Dryer — $1,700, was $1,800
- Samsung Front-Loading Smart Wi-Fi Washer and Electric Dryer with Steam — $1,800, was $1,980
Top-load vs. front-load washers
Traditionally, washing machines were top-loaders and no one ever had to choose between a that and a front-loader in the past. Today, however, the choice comes down to a matter of comfort, the size and layout of your laundry area, maintenance concerns, and effectiveness. It has been said that a top-loader’s twisting wash motion, whether the washer has an agitator or not, is not as effective as a front-loaders tumbling wash method. It should also be noted that most front-loaders use less water than top-loaders and are therefore more environmentally friendly. That said, you can purchase a high-efficiency top-loader that will use less water and energy.
Front-load washers have been shown to be better at removing stains than top load washers. However, if you are already in the habit of pre-treating stains or if your clothes aren’t generally that stained and are just dirty, this probably won’t be an issue for you. Newer top-loaders also have tubs that are much deeper than their predecessors, and this could prove to be an issue for shorter people who can’t reach the bottom of the container.
In general, today’s appliances use more plastic parts than older ones. They are also packed with way more electronic components than older appliances. This said, modern machines, in general, do not seem to last as long as they used to. When it comes to which design lasts longer or requires more maintenance, there isn’t a huge difference between front-loaders and top-loaders.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- The best Presidents Day washer-dryer sales and deals for 2021
- Front-load vs. top-load washers
- The best washer dryer combo machines for 2021
- The best dryers
- Best cheap pressure washer deals for March 2021