According to a Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report earlier this year, 80% of hacking-related breaches within businesses continue to be caused by weak, stolen, or reused passwords. It’s such a simple thing to solve yet many of us don’t use complex passwords for different sites because of the fear of forgetting them or simply not being able to think of an effective string of characters. There are a couple of password managers on the market but for ease of use, security features and adaptability, we recommend Dashlane. is a password management solution that helps promote better password habits and protects teams against account compromise and data breaches.
helps your firm substantially by making it simple to manage and track your and your employees’ passwords in a safe to use and privacy-conscious way. Right now, you can enjoy a 30-day Dashlane business account free trial offering up to 500 employees the chance to see just how great a password management tool it is. Let’s take a deeper look into just why Dashlane Business is worth your time and capital.
is a dedicated password management system aimed specifically at the needs of modern businesses. Dashlane has always been aimed both at those who are tech-savvy along with those who are less experienced when it comes to using apps, and Dashlane Business maintains that structure for all employees who use it. It’s easy to use and takes seconds for staff to get started with.
For businesses, there’s seamless deployment, simple employee management, and best-in-class security architecture that has never been hacked, meaning you’re safe in the knowledge that your business is fully protected.
There’s a lot to take in when considering Dashlane Business so we’ve broken down all the key features so that you can look past the jargon and appreciate exactly why it’s a great option for your business.
- Easy setup: Dashlane aims to be simple to use every step of the way including during setup. An admin console makes it easy for you to configure policies and manage and monitor your employees, with your employees able to get things set up on their end within moments of accepting the invite.
- Extensive security: It’s understandable to be worried about putting all your eggs in one basket but Dashlane has fantastic security courtesy of AES 256-bit encryption and its own patented security architecture. Two-factor authentication has been built into Dashlane by design rather than added as an afterthought meaning it’s incredibly secure and safe. Unlike competitors, Dashlane is the password manager that has never been hacked making it the secure and safe option.
- Convenient password health checks: It’s not always obvious what’s considered to be a strong password. That’s why Dashlane Business offers a Password Health Score as soon as you get started. The simple figure tells you whether any of your passwords are weak or have been previously compromised, giving you the chance to refresh them and tighten them up. Employers can’t see the passwords that employees use but they do see the Password Health Score so as a company, you can work together to improve password hygiene.
- Single sign-on (SSO): Signing on is seamless. Rather than needing a master password, Dashlane Business offers single sign-on so logging in is super simple as well as highly secure. It makes managing your employees far more efficient too. Dashlane supports all SAML based identity providers including OKTA, ADFS, G Suite, and Azure AD.
- Easy sharing tools: Sometimes, you might need to share a critical work password with others within your organization. Rather than risking doing so via insecure methods such as email or Slack, you can share them in an encrypted manner via Dashlane Business, ensuring there’s no way that a nefarious source can get hold of them.
- Support for all systems: Want to use Dashlane Business on your Android phone as well as your work laptop? The beauty of Dashlane Business is it works across Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, Chromebook, and Android, with browser extensions also available. No matter what system you’re using, you’re protected, and you’ll have access to all your necessary passwords.
A strong and secure password is the first line of defense against potential hackers. The best way to have a strong password is to use Dashlane’s Password Health scoring system so you can always keep up to date on any security faults. Being able to save passwords through Dashlane’s encrypted service also means you and your employees won’t have to worry about forgetting crucial keys.
The standard Dashlane service is also great but if you want to be able to deploy the system to all your employees easily, as well as take advantage of single sign-on, Dashlane Business is an essential addition to your business’s tools.
Dashlane uses a patented security architecture and AES 256-bit encryption which is the strongest method available. In the unlikely event of a hack, hackers still wouldn’t be able to see any usable data as information is only decrypted locally on your respective devices.
As well as that, two-factor authentication has been built into Dashlane by design so it’s extra-secure plus it’s also compatible with all well-known mobile authenticator apps and U2F keys. That’s not forgetting the simplicity and safety of Dashlane Business’s single sign-on too.
To avoid hacks and save your company time, resources and money, you can sign up for a 30-day free trial of Dashlane Business for up to 500 users.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- 10 browser extensions to help maximize your productivity
- The best firewalls for small businesses in 2021
- The 52 best shows on Amazon Prime Video right now
- The 80 best movies on Hulu right now
- The best iPhone apps (June 2021)