Labor Day is the best time before Black Friday to grab premium tech at a discount, thanks to the hundreds of Labor Day sales we’re seeing. Tech doesn’t get much more premium than Apple, so if you’re specifically after a new tablet and are on the hunt for the best tablet money can buy, we’ve got you covered with the best Labor Day iPad deals and Labor Day iPad sales right here.
Today’s Best Labor Day iPad Deals
- Apple iPad Mini (64GB, Wi-Fi, Latest Model) — $350, was $399
- Apple iPad 10.2 ( 128GB, Wi-Fi, Latest Model) — $400, was $429
- Apple iPad Mini (64GB, Cellular + Wi-Fi, Latest Model) — $480, was $530
- Apple iPad Air (256GB, Wi-Fi, Latest Model) — $550, was $650
- Apple iPad Air (256GB, Cellular + Wi-Fi, Latest Model) — $680, was $780
How to Choose a New iPad
Since its initial launch in 2010 with the first-generation 9.7-inch iPad, Apple’s tablet lineup has grown to include four models: The standard iPad (still going strong in its seventh generation), the iPad Mini, the iPad Air, and the iPad Pro. If you’re perusing Labor Day iPad deals and are having trouble deciding which iPad is right for your needs, we can help you narrow things down a bit.
The tablet we still recommend for most users is the standard iPad, which offers a lot of bang for the buck. The latest 7th-gen refresh now boasts a 10.2-inch screen (a half-inch upgrade over previous models thanks to slimmed-down bezels), making it a great size for the things you’d want a tablet for, and it’s a fantastic value even when it’s not on sale. Labor Day iPad deals and other seasonal sales are your chance to buy one for even cheaper, though, and when it dips below $300, it’s almost a downright steal.
In the middle of the road price-wise fall the iPad Mini and the iPad Air. With its 7.9-inch Retina display, the iPad Mini (last updated in 2019 along with the Air) is the obvious choice for anybody who puts a premium on portability. The iPad Air is essentially an upgrade over the standard iPad and is similar in many ways to the first-gen 2017 iPad Pro, right down to its 10.5-inch touchscreen. If you want some snappier hardware than that found in the 10.2-inch iPad but don’t need or want to pay for the high-end iPad Pro, the iPad Air is a superb performer.
At the top of the heap is the iPad Pro. Apple’s aptly named premium tablet is the most expensive of the bunch, but Labor Day iPad sales and seasonal sale events offer the largest discounts on these pricier models. The iPad Pro, currently in its third generation, comes in two sizes — 11 inches and 12.9 inches — and packs the beefiest hardware and most advanced camera module. All of the latest iPads (minus the Mini) feature Smart Connectors for use with Apple’s Smart Keyboard, but if you specifically want a powerful tablet that can pull double duty as a 2-in-1, the iPad Pro is far and away the best one for that purpose.
- It may not be the latest model, but this iPad is a steal at $60 off
- Best Apple Deals: Save on AirPods, iPads, MacBooks and more
- Best iPad Deals for January 2023: Latest models on sale from $299
- Apple Cyber Monday Deals: Apple Watch, AirPods, iPad, MacBook
- Best Cyber Monday iPad Deals: iPad Air, iPad Pro, iPad Mini