Professional, amateur, and aspiring graphic designers alike all know that there’s really only one name when it comes to software: PhotoShop. Adobe’s graphic design suite is so ubiquitous that “PhotoShopping” has become a generic catch-all term for any sort of digital image editing.
PhotoShop’s reputation (not to mention its near monopoly on graphic design software) is well earned: It’s been around for decades and remains the best and most full-featured set of tools for editors and designers. This, of course, means that it comes with a relatively steep learning curve, and mastering PhotoShop can seem like a daunting task for beginners. These online courses from Udemy – all on sale for just $12 until April 30 – can make your journey easier.
Whether you’re getting into graphic design as a hobby, you’re a photographer who wants to bring out the best in your pictures, you’re a professional (or aspiring professional) graphic designer looking to take your career to the next level, or you want to learn 2D game design, these comprehensive $12 Udemy online courses will teach you what you need to know to become a PhotoShop master in no time:
- Ultimate PhotoShop Training – From Beginner to Pro: If you’re a newbie looking for a well-rounded course that will teach you all the basic (and many advanced) PhotoShop techniques, this is the one. This 13-hour Udemy class, divided into 164 individual lessons, gives you everything you need to learn to do business-focused graphic design, edit photos, make your own illustrations and animations, and more.
- Learn PhotoShop, Web Design & Profitable Freelancing: One of the primary applications of graphic design is professional web development. Divided across 226 lessons, this comprehensive 22-hour course teaches you the ins and outs of freelance graphic and web design as well as how to leverage your newfound skills to make a steady income – no coding necessary.
- PhotoShop CC 2019 Masterclass: This $12 Udemy course will teach you some more advanced skills for using PhotoShop CC, including the nitty-gritty of the software itself (such as different file formats, keyboard shortcuts, and professional best practices), although it’s still beginner-friendly. It contains 90 lessons and by the end of this 13-hour program, you’ll be an official Adobe Certified Associate.
- PhotoShop & Photography Digital Art Compositing Masterclass: For photographers, having good PhotoShop skills is just as vital as having a high-quality camera. This three-and-a-half-hour Udemy online course runs you through a variety of different photography projects to teach you how to take and edit photos like a professional, be it for creative art, digital marketing, or just for fun.
- Learn Professional 2D Game Graphic Design in PhotoShop: Coding is only one aspect of game development. Graphic design is another vital part of the process, and PhotoShop is an essential tool for this. This six-hour, 80-lesson course will help you develop the skills needed to draw backgrounds, design characters, and create other in-game graphics to make your 2D game project come to life visually.
Looking for more great stuff? Find tech deals, spring sales, and much more on our curated deals page.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Udemy sale: Learn coding, drawing, photography, and more for as little as $12
- Want to learn to code? Udemy drops online coding courses under $13
- Looking for wireless earbuds? These Apple AirPods alternatives are $115 off
- No cable? No problem: Here’s how you can watch UFC fights online
- The best Windows apps