During E3 we did something awful to our readers. We didn’t mean it, honest, but we couldn’t help it. We were granted a first look at the gameplay of Star Wars 1313, but we couldn’t show you what we saw, we could only describe it. We didn’t want to tease you like that, but it was the best we could do.
To summarize that first look, 1313 looks awesome. It is a Star Wars property that manages to avoid getting bogged down by trying to recreate a well-known aspect of the Star Wars universe, and instead simply peels off a small, unexplored section of the universe to create an original story free of the constraints of the established continuity. It looked great, and we wanted it like Smeagol wanted his precious.
For more about the game and its development, you can also check out our interview with Star Wars 1313 creative director Dominic Robilliard.
Now finally we can show you most of what had us so excited about the game when we saw it at E3. LucasArts has released several new clips showing off the gameplay. You can find them below, along with a trailer. There is no release date, or even a confirmation of what systems the game will be on, but 1313 is a game we will certainly be watching. Intently.
Gameplay Clip #1
Gameplay Clip #2
Gameplay Clip #3
- The future of Star Wars: All the known movies and TV series coming your way
- Why is PlayStation king? Because Sony bravely supports games that end
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ season 2: Everything we know so far
- ‘Venom’ movie: Everything we know about it so far
- Amazon is turning its ‘Grand Tour’ car show into a video game