Perhaps the Mayans were right and the world will soon be coming to an end. If so, when the final day begins on December 21, 2012, we will look back to this and nod our heads, having seen the signs in things like bees disappearing, birds suddenly dying and Duke Nukem Forever actually hitting store shelves.
After a long, long, long wait, the first-person shooter has finally been completed and is due out this month. And technically, the game has already gone gold, further evidence that we are all doomed.
But putting aside the shock of actually seeing a new Duke Nukem game—and trust us, if you are a long time gamer, the release of this game comes as a shock—the title is coming out at an interesting time, one week after E3. Perhaps that is a brilliant strategy, as gaming fans will still be coming down off of an information high, and game sales might see the benefits of that. Alternatively, there might be so much information about games flooding the market that Duke Nukem Forever might slip by all but the most dedicated fans.
For those that are unaware of Duke Nukem, he is a foul-mouthed ladies man filled with bravado and one-liners that he spouts while kicking the crap out of alien invaders. Check out the trailer below and look for Duke Nukem Forever on PC, Ps3 and Xbox 360 on June 14.
[Warning: The following trailer may not be suitable for all ages]
- The best new movie trailers: ‘Alita: Battle Angel,’ ‘Detective Pikachu,’ and more
- ‘The Orville’ season 2 gets a new, drama-heavy teaser trailer
- Everyone’s favorite Pokémon turns gumshoe in ‘Detective Pikachu’ trailer
- Some viewers are now seeing ads on Netflix — here’s how to ditch them
- ‘House of Cards’ season 6 trailer has Claire defending her destiny