The film will star Michael Fassbender, who is also producing, and is being distributed by New Regency and Fox. Earlier this year Michael Lesslie was revealed to be working on a screenplay as well. No director has been announced, but that may change soon now that the movie has a potential release date. Of course, that release date can still change. May 22, 2015 would be the start of Memorial Day weekend, and Disney is said to be eyeing that date for the release of Star Wars: Episode VII. If that becomes official, expect Assassin’s Creed – and any other films with a lick of sense – to abandon that date.
Regardless of the actual day it is released, it looks like 2015 is going to be a massive year for blockbuster films. In addition to Assassin’s Creed and Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean 5, The Avengers 2, The Hobbit: There and Back Again, and Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 are all planned for 2015, and both the Justice League and Fantastic Four franchises are either confirmed for 2015, or rumored to be coming out that year.
[Updated to fix a typo]
- Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok May have just leaked, could be biggest game in series
- These are the best action movies on Netflix right now
- The Mandalorian: Everything we know about the Disney+ Star Wars series
- The future of Star Wars: All the known movies and TV series coming your way
- The best free movies on YouTube right now