In 2009, Rocksteady did the improbable and released a totally original game based on Batman that was actually very good. There have been others, so many sad, sad others, but Batman: Arkham Asylum managed to recreate the world of Batman, and it did so to both critical and public success. Today, publisher Warner Bros. has pulled the curtain and revealed a few details about the upcoming sequel on the game’s official website.
Originally teased via the trailer below, which debuted at the Spike Video Game Awards, the sequel will be called Batman: Arkham City, and it will be released in fall of 2011. Beyond that, most of the information we have seen is guesswork- educated guesswork, but details are still scarce.
The game will take place in Gotham as the city descends into chaos. Along with the return of Joker and Harley Quinn, Two-Face has been confirmed in the game, as has Catwoman. Mr. Freeze and Talia al Ghul are also rumored to appear, and the Riddler will return.
- The Dark Knight journeys to feudal Japan in the epic anime ‘Batman Ninja’
- The best demos, betas, and free-to-play games you can try this weekend
- EA’s Origin Access adds other publishers’ games, including ‘Batman: Arkham City’
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now
- ‘Drawn to Death’ studio was prototyping an Iron Man game for PlayStation VR