Mobile game publisher In-Fusio and the Sci Fi Channel yesterday announced the release of a mobile game based on the latter’s hit Battlestar Galactica television series. Battlestar Galactica Mobile is initially available for download to Cingular and T-Mobile wireless customers.
In Battlestar Galactica Mobile, said In-Fusio, players pilot a Colonial Viper Mark VII high performance fighter through 11 levels and a variety of missions as they battle with Cylons. The game is a considered a shooter style title and offers play from a top-down perspective.
“Battlestar Galactica has continued to evolve since its launch in the 1970’s and is one of the most beloved sci-fi franchises of all time,” said Juergen Goeldner, executive vice president of publishing, In-Fusio, in a statement. “We are very proud of the fact that Sci Fi has entrusted us with such a popular brand and we look forward to adapting it for mobile.”
- Plex’s new web series feature helps take the sting out of its plug-in removal
- 13 great sci-fi books to read before they become TV shows
- Apple might launch a Netflix competitor around the world in 2019
- They’re alive! The best TV death fake-outs totally had us fooled
- Epic sci-fi novels you should read before they become blockbuster films