Activision has one important rule: The Call of Duty well is never dry until the next game comes out. With just one month and change to go before Call of Duty: Black Ops II comes out and sells multiple millions of copies, Activision is squeezing a last bit of blood from the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 stone in the form of two new multiplayer modes.
Released on Tuesday, Activision put out 3v3 Hardcore Face Off, a self-explanatory competitive mode for Modern Warfare 3, and Money in the Denk, a variation on Sabotage created by Machinima director Denk. Denk’s version of the team work-oriented mode is actually also based on a specific type of WWE match called Money in the Bank, but instead of a briefcase on top of a ladder, you have Modern Warfare 3 teams vying for control of, and the opportunity to diffuse, a bomb.
Call of Duty is a peculiar past time. Most sports have seasons confined to a portion of the year, but Call of Duty is played and expanded right up until the new season starts. How many more years can Activision keep this cycle going before the quality of the games drop or players lose interest?
- Xbox Countdown sale offers big savings on digital games like ‘Forza Horizon 4’
- The best free FPS games you can play right now
- ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’ multiplayer weapons guide
- Free-to-play ‘Titanfall’ battle royale ‘Apex Legends’ reportedly launching soon
- ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’ will make Blackout mode free to play this week