Today brings a mix of good news and bad news for everyone looking forward to BioShock Infinite, Irrational Games’ next installment of the wildly popular BioShock game franchise and one of the year’s most-anticipated titles.
The good news is that we finally know when BioShock Infinite will be hitting shelves.
So what’s the bad news? Well, the bad news is that we’ll have to wait until October 16 to play it. (And October 19 if you’re outside the North America.)
Yes, that means we have seven months to go, folks.
“After BioShock, we had a vision for a follow up that dwarfed the original in scope and ambition,” said Ken Levine in the official release announcement. “BioShock Infinite has been our sole focus for the last four years, and we can’t wait for fans to get their hands on it.”
So, what can you do to pass the time until October? Well, you have plenty of time to re-watch the awfully catchy BioShock Infinite montage that aired during the VGAs.
BioShock Infinite will be released in North America for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Windows PC on October 16, with an international release of October 19, 2012.
- Facebook waits to release smart speaker amid data privacy concerns
- Detroit Auto Show may bow to pressure, move to October
- Take-Two says ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ will definitely not be delayed again
- Third ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ trailer finds the gang in disarray
- Here’s how and where to buy the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL