Back in May of this year, we caught word that Irrational Games had decided to delay the release of BioShock: Infinite from October until February 26. This was definitely disappointing, but the studio assured us that the extra time they were taking would be used to make the game bigger, more polished, and more visually stunning. As the release date nears, the developers at Irrational have finally begun to pull back the curtain on the game, releasing a few trailers comprised entirely of in-game footage, and even inviting select outlets (including us) to play the first few hours of the game. Check out our hands-on preview for our first solid, in-depth look at BioShock Infinite.
Unfortunately along with the good news of playable content came the not-so-good news that the game has been delayed once again in order to polish it even further. Of course, with a game like this, it is better to delay it and release something exceptional than push it out with numerous, glaring flaws, so we’ll take the delay. Thankfully it isn’t too long a wait. BioShock: Infinite is now set to be released on March 26th, 2013; so stay tuned for more pictures, videos, and news as that date grows closer.
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- Here are 8 games we think might get delayed in 2018
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now
- Dear game designers: Please rip off these brilliant game ideas from 2017
- These are the 20 best HTC Vive games available today