Irrational Games’ award-winning BioShock has successfully leapt from the console/PC platforms it was born on to Apple’s iOS, with the August 28 App Store release of a port from 2K China. It’s the full adventure through Andrew Ryan’s failed undersea utopia, with perhaps just a bit of polish rubbed away to accommodate less powerful mobile hardware.
BioShock for iOS features virtual button controls, but it’s also equipped to support Made for iPhone (MFi) game controllers. It’s a universal app, though take note: You’ll definitely need a newer Apple device to run it. As of launch, BioShock is supported by iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, and iPhone 5.
We recently had the opportunity to take a peek at how BioShock was shaping up as a mobile title, and we walked away impressed. The graphics take a noticeable hit in a direct comparison, but the game runs smoothly and there’s nothing cut out of it in terms of content.
- How does it work? Everything you need to know about the Apple AirPlay 2
- Common iOS 11 problems and advice on how to handle them
- Learn to use your tablet like an ace with these eight iPad Pro tips and tricks
- Addicted to ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds?’ You can play free on your phone
- Here’s how to enroll in the iOS beta program to get updates early