Descent adds four new multiplayer maps, along with a brand new zombies experience. The new maps are as follows:
- Empire is a remake of fan-favorite Black Ops II map Raid. This medium-sized map spans an authentic Roman villa, which was “recreated by a modern-day eccentric billionaire.” Black Ops III offered a host of new movement mechanics that add more verticality to the series’ action formula, so this remake will allow for a whole new perspective on a familiar environment.
- Cryogen is more in line with Black Ops III‘s futuristic setting as an off-shore cryogenic prison facility where dangerous criminals are frozen for safe keeping. The small, circular map is ringed with sentry towers that will drive the action towards the central cryogenic tubes for frenetic fights.
- Berserk is a total change of pace as “a Viking village frozen in time” that’s guarded by “ancient sentinels from a lost civilization.” This medium map is tightly-packed with wooden buildings and rocky outcroppings, centered around a bridge, which means plenty of chokepoints.
- Rumble goes back to the future with a medium-sized map set in a stadium for giant robot fights–think BattleBots writ large. Players face off in the arena among the fallen husks of giant robot brawlers.
Descent will also continue the Origins Zombie saga with a new chapter, Gorod Krovi, set in an alternate universe 1940s Soviet Union. History nerds will appreciate that, just like in the real Soviet Union, players will have to work together to hold back hordes of “mechanized zombie infantry” and “aerial dragon assaults” in the ruins of Stalingrad.
Descent is available now for PlayStation 4, and will follow on Xbox One and PC in August. It can be purchased as part of the $50 Season Pass bundle, or à la carte for $15.
- Call of Duty: Warzone Season 4 patch notes bring major perk changes
- Call of Duty: Warzone tips and tricks to win the war
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II: Release date, trailers, gameplay, and more
- Fortune’s Keep will likely replace Call of Duty: Warzone’s iconic Rebirth Island map
- Everything we know about Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0