This morning, Activision tweeted a teaser image for the next Call of Duty game, which will be revealed on Sunday, May 4. The game’s website shows a countdown to the reveal and a blurred image of what can probably be assumed to be a grizzled soldier looking awesome.
What do we know so far? Not much. This will be the first Call of Duty game developed by Sledgehammer Games, as part of Activision’s new three-year development cycle for the franchise. The teaser image features what looks to be the Golden Gate Bridge. More revealing, though, is the first screen from the game, posted by Game Informer to build hype for their cover story reveal this coming Sunday.
With cybernetically-enhanced soldiers and a flaming computer server, it looks like we’ll be going into the near future again for the next entry in this behemoth of a franchise. Stay tuned for more details as they come out.
- Call of Duty will reportedly continue in 2018 with ‘Black Ops 4’
- ‘Sicario 2’ director reportedly close to signing on for Call of Duty movie
- Microtransactions have come to ‘Call of Duty: WWII’ after a short delay
- ‘The Avengers Project’: Everything we know about the Square Enix Marvel game
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018