This morning, Activision tweeted a teaser image for the next Call of Duty game, which will be revealed on Sunday, May 4. The game’s website shows a countdown to the reveal and a blurred image of what can probably be assumed to be a grizzled soldier looking awesome.
What do we know so far? Not much. This will be the first Call of Duty game developed by Sledgehammer Games, as part of Activision’s new three-year development cycle for the franchise. The teaser image features what looks to be the Golden Gate Bridge. More revealing, though, is the first screen from the game, posted by Game Informer to build hype for their cover story reveal this coming Sunday.
With cybernetically-enhanced soldiers and a flaming computer server, it looks like we’ll be going into the near future again for the next entry in this behemoth of a franchise. Stay tuned for more details as they come out.
- ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’ gets ‘Blackout’ beta on all platforms next month
- Adorable robotic murder-machine Bastion is the first ‘Overwatch’ Lego set
- The best free first-person shooters
- ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’: Everything you need to know
- Nikon’s full-frame mirrorless is coming August 23 — here’s what we know so far