PS3vault is reporting that Konami has announced the release window and box art for Catlevania: Lords of Shadow. There is no exact release date yet, but launching the game during the Halloween season is not a total surprise- not just because the content of the game, but previous Castlevania games, including the last game Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth, was was released on October 27, 2009.
The reboot of the franchise stars Gabriel Belmont, a member of a holy order dedicated to defeating supernatural threats. Gabriel’s wife is brutally murdered by something supernatural, trapping her soul in limbo. Gabriel then begins a quest to defeat the three Lords of Shadow to obtain the pieces of the God Mask, a relic with the ability to bring back the dead.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow made a huge splash at E3 with its revamped controls and gameplay, plus it managed to breathe life back into a beloved, but stagnating series. Check out our hands-on impression from E3, and look for this game in October on PS3 and Xbox 360.
Warning: This trailer may not be suitable for all ages.
- ‘Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls’ brings the series to iOS in Japan
- What games will Square Enix show off during its E3 2018 presentation?
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- ‘Shadow of the Tomb Raider’ hands-on preview
- ‘Shadow of the Colossus’ remake studio Bluepoint will restore another game