There are a lot of ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day. You may choose to spend time with your special someone (or someones, we won’t judge you … although they might when they catch you). You may decide to aggressively ignore the pseudo-holiday and hang out with other like-minded revelers. Or you could always choose the “none of the above” option, fire up Grand Theft Auto 5, log on to GTA Online, and create as much mayhem as possible. But with love.
The “Valentine’s Day Massacre Special” update for GTA Online is available now at no cost. Just fire up your PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, and the automatic update will take care of the rest. Once that is complete, you are free to create havoc, possibly with that special someone waiting for you online.
The update includes 10 new, loosely themed Valentine’s Day jobs. A few of those include the following:
- “Shotgun Wedding” (Team Deathmatch): The title says it all. Small-scale Deathmatch around the church in Paleto Bay that’s locked to shotguns. It’ll be a lot less bloody than divorce.
- “Property Values” (Deathmatch): Forget about love, nothing’s going to break your heart like the price of real estate. Free-for-all Deathmatch on an unaffordable cul-de-sac near Mirror Park. Look out for the sniper on the grassy knoll.
- “Creek” (Parachuting): Nothing says ‘I’m in love’ like throwing yourself out of a chopper with up to seven other idiots. A steep dive, almost skirting the side of the Raton Canyon, gliding into Cassidy Creek.
- “Vinewood Tours” (Race): Who needs love when you’ve got booze in your belly and stars in your eyes? Lap race for cars and bikes taking in all the tourist sights of Vinewood and Rockford Hills.
- “Motorboating” (Sea Race): A good motorboating is all anyone wants for Valentine’s Day. Take your love for a trip around buoys and over jumps to the North of Mount Gordo.
- “Heart Breaker” (Bike Race): Make your feelings known by carving a love heart into the Grand Senora Desert. Hills and jumps abound in this mainly off-road lap race for bikes on a heart-shaped track.
The update also includes a Social Club weekend event featuring special in-game RP bonuses, Crate Drops, and more. The Rat Loader truck also returns thanks to the update, and it is available for no cost – at least until the next update. Rockstar notes that some users may have lost their beloved Rat Loader from their garage during GTA Online’s early wilderness days, when things were running less than smoothly for the online game.
To really make the day feel special though, Rockstar is including several smaller additions like the Gusenberg Sweeper machine gun, the Albany Roosevelt ride, and plenty of new attire, including: double-breasted suits, flapper dresses, sexy undergarments, novelty t-shirt, hats, masks, and more. All items are available now for purchase, but they will disappear at the end of February. Items remain in your inventory once purchased.
So forget flowers. Who cares about candy? Fancy dinners are expensive. This Valentine’s Day jump online and help lovingly burn Los Santos to the ground.
- Grand Theft Auto 6: release date, trailer, gameplay, and more
- Even Grand Theft Auto Online has high gas prices in new expansion
- The best single-player games you can pick up this Prime Day
- GTA 4 and Red Dead Redemption remasters reportedly shelved to focus on GTA 6
- Save $20 on Grand Theft Auto V for PS5 at Best Buy today