Although the game Dragon’s Dogma hasn’t been getting much attention in the U.S. just yet, odds are with the talent working on the game it soon will. Coming from the creators of Resident Evil 4 and Devil May Cry 4, Dragon’s Dogma is an action RPG set in an open-world landscape where exploration is just as important as combat. Although some of the details of the game are still obscure, the action elements will frequently have you battle flying creatures, including griffins, which you can see in the trailer below.
Following an attack on the village of Casadeis, a dragon approaches the game’s protagonist and rips his heart out after claiming that he is the “chosen one.” Through an unknown miracle, the protagonist is resurrected and comes to be known as the “enlightened one.” He then sets out on a quest to retrieve his heart and kill the dragon that stole it.
The game does not yet have an American release date, but it is scheduled for release on PS3 and Xbox 360 sometime in early 2012.
[Warning: The following trailer may not be suitable for all ages]
- SpaceX’s Crew Dragon capsule to take test flight on January 7, 2019
- You’re better off setting 15 bucks ablaze than playing ‘The Quiet Man’
- ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’: Everything you need to know
- ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ out in the wild, director asks for support to stop spoilers
- ‘PUBG Mobile’ might get a ‘Resident Evil 2’-inspired zombies mode